Mountaineer Gas Company

Keep Your Family Safe

• Teach family members what to do if they smell natural gas.

• Remind your children not to play on or around natural gas meters and other equipment.

• Please keep your outside natural gas meter and attached equipment clear of ice buildup and snow. Do not melt or chip the ice away or use a shovel to scrape it off. A broom makes a handy tool to gently clear the natural gas meter.

• Remove icicles from the roof or gutters that hang over the natural gas meter. Dripping water can cause freezing and damage the natural gas meter and equipment.

• Don't leash pets to natural gas meters.

• Never hang things from natural gas pipes in your home.

• Never use your kitchen range or oven as a space heater. This can damage the oven and produce carbon monoxide gas.

 

Other Safety Tips

• Keep at least one approved, dry chemical fire extinguisher in your kitchen in case of a fire. In an emergency, you also can use baking soda, salt, or a large metal lid to extinguish a fire on your stove. Never use flour or sugar to try to extinguish a fire!

• Use non-flammable holiday decorations and place them at least three feet from heating vents.

• Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors twice a year. An easy way to remember is to test them when you change your clocks for Daylight Saving Time in the spring, and again when you set them back in the fall.

 

CUSTOMER SERVICE

GAS EMERGENCY

1.800.834.2070 or 911

SERVICE QUESTIONS

1.800.834.2070

Mountaineer Gas Company  |  PO Box 5201  |  Charleston, WV 25361-0201

Copyright © 2014 - 2016 Mountaineer Gas Company. All rights reserved.